Vanilla Shortbread Cookies
Meet Leigh Ann Chatagnier, the personality behind the blog My Diary of Us and 2 x cookbook author. Her passion is to share fresh family friendly recipes that are stress free, made from scratch, and are really delicious too!
Instagram and Facebook handle: @mydiaryofus
Matcha Vanilla Shortbread Cookies:
- 2 Sticks (1 Cup) of Salted Good Quality Butter
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Vanilla Bean Pod
- 2 Tbsp. Matcha Powder
- 1 Tsp. Cold Water
- Combine butter with powdered sugar in a stand mixer and slowly add in flour, followed by vanilla extract and beans, matcha powder, and water. Mix until a soft dough forms.
- Form into a ball and press between two sheets of wax paper.
- Roll the dough out into an 1/4 inch thick.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes but up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take cookies out of the refrigerator and remove the top layer of wax paper. Cut out desired shapes of shortbread and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.
- Let cool for 1 minute on baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack to finish their cool down.
- Ice cookies if desired.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight container for up to one week.